Are you aware there are many toxic items around the house that could harm our pets?
As pet owners we need to educate about safety, especially in our homes. Dogs and cats are curious and can get in trouble easily if they’re not supervised. It’s important to be conscious about it so we keep our fur kids safe.
Here is a list of some toxic items at home. I suggest you write down this information and have it placed in strategic areas for other to see as: kitchen, car, bathroom, telephone and your wallet!
Let’s promote responsible dog ownership!
TOP 10 TOXINS IN THE KITCHEN:
- Chocolate 6. Compost
- Grape, raisins & currants 7. Human medications
- Xylitol / sugar-free gum/candy 8. Nuts
- Fatty table scraps 9. Household cleaners
- Onions % Garlic 10. Unbaked bread dough/alcohol
Top HUMAN MEDICINES TOXIC TO PETS
1) Pain relievers ( e.g.Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Tylenol)
2) Antidepressants (e.g. Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor)
3) ADD/ADHD medications (e.g. Ritalin, Vyvanse)
4) Sleep aids (e.g. klonopin, Ambien, Lunesta)
5) Muscle relaxants (e.g. Lioresal, Flexeril)
6) Heart medications
Brought to you by Tail-Waggers Dog Walking & Pet Sitting
Tail-Waggers Dog Walking & Pet Sitting provides professional pet care through daily dog walking, in home vacation care, cat visits, puppy potty breaks and pet sitting services in Aurora and Newmarket area of pet owners. Our passion is to care for your pet as we would for our very own to ensure your pet receives the daily exercise and mental stimulation they much need to be in a balanced state of mind to live thus a long healthy life. LIKE is on Facebook and CHAT with us on Twitter
Keep Smiling – Evelyn & Vince